If you would like to learn more about photocatalysis, you can check out our blog here: https://www.activacoating.com/what-is-photocatalysis/
All surfaces to be painted must be clean, free from dirt, oil, and other surface contamination. It is always best to wash all surfaces with a household detergent solution before painting. Rinse the surface to remove detergent residues. Sand all glossy, alkyd enamel surfaces with a #150 sandpaper and wipe clean. Patch all holes and cracks with a suitable patching material.
If the surface is not 100% clean, dry, and ready, or in case of adhesion problems, it is recommended to apply one layer of PRIMER prior to paint application. Allow the first coat to dry completely (3-4 hours) before applying the second coat.
Colors: 200-250 square feet per gallon in two coats (brush, roller, or spray gun) onto clean, dry walls.
Clear: 648 square feet per gallon in one coat, applied as a mist by spray gun with a 0.3 mm nozzle and low pressure onto clean, dry walls.
- Flat – (Photowall, our ceiling paint) It is intended to allow water vapor to pass through (breathable paint). It can withstand a limited number of wet rubbing (washing with a wet cloth).
- Matte – (PhotoDeco, our standard wall paint) It is washable. When dirty, it can be cleaned using a wet cloth and some soap. It can be cleaned with a wet cloth as frequently as needed.
- Eggshell – (Photolacq) It is washable. When dirty, it can be cleaned using a wet cloth and some soap. It can be cleaned with a wet cloth as frequently as needed.
Vigorous scrubbing should be avoided and or limited with all of our paints.
Yes. On a standard wall paint, Activa Clear has two adhesion systems.
1. Part of the product penetrates on the paint pores, so it enters into the paint layer. To remove it, you must remove the paint. So, if the paint is resistant to wet rubbing, so is Activa Clear.
2. On the surface, Activa Clear contains an inorganic binder that also adheres ON the surface. That adhesion needs a few days to gain strength, but after it is very hard. This is also as resistant to wet rubbing as the base paint.
After the area is clean, Activa Clear will help prevent further growth if there is good lighting to activate the photocatalytic properties. One application can last up to 2 years.
After the area is free of all mold, Activa Clear will help prevent further growth if there is good lighting to activate the photocatalytic properties. One application can last up to 2 years.
Depending on the type of grout, one application can last from months to years. Silicon-based grouts are repellent and Activa Clear has difficulty adhering to its surface.