If you would like to learn more about photocatalysis, you can check out our blog here: https://www.activacoating.com/what-is-photocatalysis/
All surfaces to be painted must be clean, free from dirt, oil and other surface contamination. It is always best to wash all surfaces with a household detergent solution before painting. Rinse the surface to remove detergent residues. Sand all glossy, alkyd enamel surfaces with a #150 sandpaper and wipe clean. Patch all holes and cracks with a suitable patching material.
If the surface is not 100% clean, dry, and ready, or in case of adhesion problems, it is recommended to apply one layer of PRIMER prior to pant application. The first coat can be diluted with 10% water if necessary but allow the first coat to dry completely (3-4 hours) before applying the second coat.
200-250 square feet per gallon in two coats (brush, roller, or spray gun) onto clean, dry walls.
You can learn more about how effective our paint is at destroying bacteria and viruses from this study.
- Flat – (Photowall, our ceiling paint) It is intended to allow water vapor to pass through (breathable paint). It can withstand a limited number of wet rubbing (washing with a wet cloth).
- Matte – (PhotoDeco, our standard wall paint) It is washable. When dirty, it can be cleaned using a wet cloth and some soap. It can be cleaned with a wet cloth as frequently as needed.
- Eggshell – (Photolacq) It is washable. When dirty, it can be cleaned using a wet cloth and some soap. It can be cleaned with a wet cloth as frequently as needed.
* Vigorous scrubbing should be avoided and or limited with all of our paints.
Yes. On a standard wall paint, our Clear Surface Treatment (Activa TB) has two adhesion systems.
1. Part of the product penetrates on the paint pores, so it enters into the paint layer. To remove it you must remove the paint. So if the paint is resistant to wet rubbing, the Clear Surface Treatment (Activa TB) also is.
2. On the surface, the Clear Surface Treatment (Activa TB) contains an inorganic binder that also adheres ON the surface. That adhesion needs some days to get strength, but after it is very hard. This is also as resistant to wet rubbing as the base paint.